King Edward School Council
The School Council meets monthly, historically on the 3rd Monday of each month from 6:30PM – 7:30PM. No meetings are held in December or June.
- to foster the well-being and effectiveness of our school community
- to enhance student learning with a focus on arts enrichment
Our Role in the School:
- support school planning and administration
- promote the school
- activities for our children
- school celebrations
- extracurricular activities
- special school programs
All parents & guardians of children attending King Edward Elementary School are members of the School Council. Members may:
- Seek the views, inform & involve the school community.
- Help create an environment benefitting all students.
- Maintain high ethical standards.
- Gain a familiarity with school policies.
- Attend monthly meetings of the School Council.
I want to support the school but can’t attend meetings.
There are always opportunities to support the school and its students beyond attending School Council meetings. Volunteers are needed for:
- Supporting classroom & school events
- Supervising field trips
- Assisting in the library
- Fundraising & school promotion
- School garden
- Website maintenance
- Casino coordination
Contact your Room Rep about how you can help. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
KEEPS- King Edward Educational Parent Society
KEEPS is the fundraising group for King Edward Elementary. Due to school council guidelines, KEEPS is a separate entity from the School Council, though the executive volunteers often are the same. KEEPS is responsible for the distribution of funds raised through our Casino fundraising and other fundraising initiatives.
These funds are used to support various activities within the school:
- Arts Enrichment
- Running Club
- Field Trips
- Library Collection
- Classroom Technology (including Smart Boards & iPads)
- Teaching & Learning Aids